Both ports and truck stops are full of busy people who carry germs and contagious illnesses so right now doing a few things extra or different will make an impact.
Take these additional precautions and follow these preventative tips to protect yourself from coming in contact with the virus while out on the road trucking.
- Wear rubber gloves
- Carry masks and consider wearing them at ports
- Wash hands frequently
- Use alcohol based hand washing products such as GermX
- Where gloves or immediately wash your hands after pumping fuel (you don’t know who the last person was who used the pump)
- Lysol is better than Clorox – keep these wipes in the truck with you
- Wipe steering wheels often
- Wear gloves when tarping or chaining loads, especially any that contain anything imported
Here are more tips from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Questions? Contact Medallion Transport & Logistics
Medallion Transport & Logistics is committed to driver/owner-operator support, especially when it comes to weather, health and travel tips. We offer our freight agents and owner operators the most resources we possibly can. For questions about driver safety, give us a call at 704-235-0460 or send us an email to email@example.com.