This week marks the end of Winter load increases, and the start of Spring load restrictions for the North-Central and North frost zones in Minnesota.
According to the Minnesota Department of Transportation, the end and start dates are as follows:
- The ending date for Winter Load Increases and the starting date for Spring Load Restrictions in the NORTH-CENTRAL FROST ZONE will be Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 12:01 AM.
- The ending date for Winter Load Increases and the starting date for Spring Load Restrictions in the NORTH FROST ZONE will be Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 12:01 AM.
- Winter load increases have ended and Spring load restrictions have begun in all other frost zones.
The MN DOT has published a Road Restriction map on its website with more info on seasonal load limits.
With regard to oversize/overweight loads and permits, the following applies:
- Up to full-summer overweight permits can be issued during the Spring Load Restriction period only on interstate through movements.
- Middle-range overweight permits become available within each frost zone when Spring Load Restrictions are lifted.
- Full-summer overweight permits become available within each frost zone starting two to three weeks after Spring Load Restrictions are lifted.
For More Info
For questions about over legal weight/size “heavy haul” trucking call:
Minnesota Department of Transportation
Freight and Commercial Vehicle Operations – Oversize/Weight Permits
or email: email@example.com
Medallion Transport Services is Here to Help
Medallion Transport & Logistics is committed to driver support, especially when oversize load and general travel restrictions are in place. For questions about oversize load travel restrictions or driver safety, give us a call at 704-235-0460 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.