The Louisiana Department of Transportation (DOT), in conjunction with the Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Office of State Police, issued a news release outlining holiday travel during the state’s Mardi Gras celebration, which runs specifically on Saturday, Feb. 10 through Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018.
The release cites the truck permit office as the main contact and notes oversize load movement will be prohibited on all state highways in selected areas, including New Orleans, Lafayette, Houma, Lake Charles and New Roads on Feb. 10 through Feb. 13.
- Parishes of Orleans, Jefferson and St. Bernard (including the interstates)
- Within the city limits of Lafayette, with the exception of 1-10
- Within the city limits and surrounding area of New Roads
- Within the city limits and surrounding area of Houma
- Within the city limits and surrounding area of Lake Charles, with the exception of 1-10 and 1-210
Louisiana’s Truck Permit Office will remain open Monday, February 12 and Tuesday, February 13, 2018 for the issuance of Permits outside of the designated areas, the release stated.
MEDALLION TRANSPORT IS HERE TO HELP
Medallion Transport & Logistics is committed to driver support. For questions about oversize load travel restrictions or our freight agents and owner-operator program, give us a call at 704-235-0460 or send an email to email@example.com.